LUXURY AND BOUTIQUE CRUISE SHIPS ARE ATTRACTED TO DOCK IN LE MARIN
Le Marin is one of the Caribbean’s newest destinations for luxury and boutique cruise ships, offering their guests a more intimate port experience away from the mega ships. Guests will feel like they are arriving in an upscale Caribbean yachting destination with a French Riviera feel. Le Marin is scheduled to receive 7 calls next season.
A WARM WELCOME
- Once ashore, guests are indeed treated to a warm welcome
from the local tourist office staff, while swaying to the music played by a local band.
- Two hostesses from the local tourist office are also sent on board to provide guests with preliminary tourist information before they get ashore.
A WIDE RANGE OF ACTIVITIES
- A city devoted to the sea, and the administrative capital of Southern Martinique, Le Marin offers a wide range of activities. Whether your passion is on the water or inland there are many adventures to be discovered: hiking, horseback riding, beautiful Creole and ethno botanical gardens, a local crafts and vegetable market, commercial centers, the amazing 360 degree view offered from “Morne Gommier”, paragliding, boat excursions of all types including glass-bottom boat tours, kayaking in the “mangrove”, deep-sea fishing, snorkeling and scuba diving, boat rentals (with or without a skipper), introduction to “yole” (traditional sailing), activities and events offered by the water-sports club, swimming in the pristine waters of “Pointe Macre”, “Grand Macabou”, “Pointe Borgnesse”, and “Anse Grosse Roche”…
- A tourist friendly city, Le Marin is lively with many sports and cultural events all year round.
A RICH HERITAGE
- Classified as a tourist town on February 14, 2012, Le Marin is a city rich in history which can be seen through its architecture including the old village, period homes, and an historic church which dates to the 18th century.
THE CAPITAL OF YACHTING
- Le Marin is renowned as the center for yachting and sailing in Martinique and was classified as the “Station Nautique” (Sailing Resort) in 1998.
- The city attracts an international clientele due to the highly equipped marina well-known as being the largest in Southern Caribbean. Offering 850 berths and 200 buoy moorings, the port of Marin is a delight for sailors and sea-lovers and has been labeled “Pavillon bleu” since 2006 as a result of the port’s continued efforts at being eco-friendly.
- The port of Marin offers a shopping area of 4500 square meters.
- Among 80 French marinas, two ports from which Marina du Marin received the prestigious 5 rings of the quality prize sailing.